Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Sicily with Grandma and Dubby


Here I am picking gramma up from the airport in Amsterdam. 

Before heading back to Belgium, we make a quick stop to admire the Holland tulips in Keukenhof. 

After a brief visit in Belgium, we whisked off to Sicily by plane. Mom and dad were in the cheap seats, so I joined gramma in first-class where I belong. 


Here I am pushing restaurant chairs in Siciliy- my favourite thing to do in Italy. I wish I could run around the restaurant, but I'm not quite there yet. 


Here I am exploring the famous Roman ruins at the valley of temples in Agrigento.


This is me and mom enjoying a nice Italian meal at a family restaurant in Ortigia. 


Happy Mother's Day mom and Gramma ! I hope you enjoyed the mimosas I made you (with dad's help).


Dad went to the local crepe truck to get some tasty pancakes for mom and grandma's champagne breakfast. 


We stayed at many different kinds of places, including Kristina and Pinochio's cozy apartment in Taormina. Poor Gramma and Dubby had to sleep on Pinochio's fold-out couch. 


I enjoyed exploring each new apartment and cottage. 


Deep thoughts with Dubby. 


Playing on the pebble beach in Taormina. 


Mom, grandma and Dubby hiked around Mount Etna, while I spent the day at the local village with dad. All the villagers pinched my cheek and complimented dad for having such a "bello bambino !"


The Greek Amphitheater in Toarmina.


Our last stop was in Lipari, one of the Aeolian Islqnds. The views here were stunning !


Here is dad embarassing himself in public. Sometimes, I can't believe I am related to him. 





While dad distracts Dubby with his camera, I quickly sneak a piece of his pizza. Heh..heh.. 




We took a night-cruise around Stramboli to watch the lava explode. 
Mom carrying me on her back for one last stroll along a Sicilian beach before heading home. 



Back in Belgium on papa's shoulders.


No comments:

Post a Comment