Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Crete


Mama is pregnant now with my younger sibling and won't be able to fly to Canada for Christmas. Instead, mama and papa took me on a vacation to Crete! 


It was really hot and sunny so I needed a hat. I liked daddy's best of all!

Papa carried me on lots of great hikes along Crete's famous gorges and coastlines. All the sign posts in Crete are riddled with bullet holes from the gun-crazy Cretan locals! 


Daily beach time was an essential, and often exhausting, part of my Greek holiday. 


"Where's your ear ?" 

This is me in my Pakistani outfit. My friend Zain's relatives made it for me the last time they were on holiday in Pakistan. It's great in the hot weather and a big hit with the local Greek ladies! 


Me and Papa make one last check under the bed in case I hid something under there.




Greek food isn't bad, but there is nothing quite like Mama's dry cheerios... 


Papa with Raki. 

While mama and papa sampled the local restaurants, I played in the streets of Hania and Rethymno. 



Sunset with papa.


No comments:

Post a Comment